This Is my Reading work :)
LEARN : We are learning to ask open ended questions or Thick questions about the text we read.
Its about this little girl and her calf who is named Polly, they have been friends for a very long time. And the little girl has to fight to keep polly alive and stop her dad from putting the calf down. She succeeds but not for long.
Purpose - Can retell the main idea.
- To infer - what does the author want the reader to understand.
- finding evidence to support our inference.
WHAT DOES THE AUTHOR WANT THE READER TO UNDERSTAND :
I believe that the author wants us to stick up for what we truly believe in. LIke for an example, in the story the little girl fought for her little calf because she believed in Polly.
- What kind of cow was Polly/ What breed ?
- What kind of school did the little girl go to ?
- Where is the school located ?
I am confident that with the learn and the activities that I have completed that I understand my learn.